Transformer Prime Keyboard/Dock/tablet not charging

Vinson Cai

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I have bought a Asus Transformer Prime TF201 a year or so ago. I originally used it regularly but eventually for some odd reason, the keyboard AND tablet would not be able to charge. So if the battery, lets say was at 75%, I would plug it in and the tablet would not charge, let alone make a "ding" sound to notify me that it was charging. I also tried charging it through the dock and it still would not charge. Eventually, the only was to charge the tablet was to let it get to 0% and then let it charge when it is off. The keyboard is literally unchargable now.
Eventually, I began to stop using the tablet, but I want to use it now, after a year or so in the cupboard. I have no idea how to get anything started backup, the only way was the charge the tablet from 0%. It also doesn't charge to 100% anymore, it only goes to around 75%.
I have even gone to lengths to factory reset it. I think there may be an issue with the tablet/keyboard charging chip; apparently there is a special chip in the dock which is responsible for the charging/overcharging of the keyboard.

I have also heard of "trickle charging" but I have no idea what it is. Please suggest what I can do to fix it.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am using a 2.1amp usb charger, not the standard one.

Solution
I'm guessing the regular socket plug for the charger is no longer around? Might try leaving the computer on all night, the tablet on and the USB charger hooked up and unplug all other USB devices while it's doing so. WOuld think you should be able to get a regular wall socket replacement charger....otherwise not sure, I tried mine using the USB and it was ever so slow. I just use the socket plug

Tradesman1

Honorable
I'm guessing the regular socket plug for the charger is no longer around? Might try leaving the computer on all night, the tablet on and the USB charger hooked up and unplug all other USB devices while it's doing so. WOuld think you should be able to get a regular wall socket replacement charger....otherwise not sure, I tried mine using the USB and it was ever so slow. I just use the socket plug

Solution

ppoopp

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
I have the same problem when charging my ASUS TF101 via docking station. I am sure 100% the problem is not in the charger and probably the problem is not in batteries.

alexann

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
the charger that comes with tf201 has two parts plastic body, probably to easy change different pin socket configuration around the world. try to slide them appart and slide them back in together, after you've done that plug it in and see if it works. it worked for me. hope it works for you.

cengaver

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
the charger that comes with tf201 has two parts plastic body, probably to easy change different pin socket configuration around the world. try to slide them appart and slide them back in together, after you've done that plug it in and see if it works. it worked for me. hope it works for you.

Alexann,
What do you mean " slide them appart"
I couldnt understand..
Thanks for help