Treyarch: Black Ops Can't Be Perfect

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
The real bug with all Modern Warefare's (incl Black Ops) is the extremely lame story and gameplay. Come on, they are so popular with Americans because it's about their army agains Russians and now in modern times Arabs. As gameplay they suck badly. Technically the games are great.
At least WWII CoDs are OK. Much more intersting and realistic.

And Sam Worthington - that's the lamest actor ever! :) He wasn't so bad in Avatar but in games... That whinie bastard! OMG he sux!

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Its called beta testing...... they ought to try it sometime..... every call of duty game since MW has been littered with bugs and glitches, the need a bigger testing demographic.... I love COD games, but I play them for a while and stop playing them because I get annoyed with bugs, glitches, hacks and cheats...... really drives down the fun factor of a good game.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I just started playing this about a week or two ago and haven't noticed many bugs. Biggest problem I've seen is that playing Zombies online, everyone but the host always has 200+ ping, probably because it does a horrible job of matching players based on connection and location.

G

I don't care so much that there are bugs but they should release the game for a lower price then charge latecomers more for the better experience. We should get a huge discount for being beta testers.

f4nt4sm4

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]iwbam[/nom]I don't care so much that there are bugs but they should release the game for a lower price then charge latecomers more for the better experience. We should get a huge discount for being beta testers.[/citation]

No man, it should be open beta first, sort out the major and game breaking bugs, then a Release to the Masses, damn even Blizzard do open betas (WoW supports the economy behind it).

hemburger

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
People are such hypocrits, at first you whinge at MW2 for being a shitty ass game and black ops will be the cure, now when the next game roles out its back to favouring the older version which was apparently ass shitty anyway.

G

only thing I have to say is that I will most likely never buy a game from Treyarch again. They have been shit games and will never waste my money on it again. Also what have they fixed with spawns i still spawn next to a enemy looking right at me, and I have had problems with spawning in front of a teammate while he is in the process of killing an enemy. So I just say they have done nothing IMO.

Mephisto666

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Wow, so many whiners in this comment section. Nothing is ever perfect at release. Yes there are bugs and they are working through them. People today have 0 patience and want everything 5 minutes ago. TO the idiot that says that this game is Nintendo 64 quality ? Maybe that is because your POS rig can handle anything above 640 x 480 you moron. LOL I have a high end rig and it looks pretty sweet to me. People need to STFU and give them more time to fix bugs. They are working them out slowly but surely.

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
nobody should pay $60+ for a game and patiently sit and wait for months till they can "slowly but surely" play it..... If I buy any game that has been hyped up till release date, I plan on playing it when I get it home and then on.... not installing it then sit and wait for months for them to fet it ready to play..... ummmm shoulda have had all that hammered out before release date...... common sense, having patience for something like that shouldn't even be a factor.

kashtr0_305

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Black Ops (PC) worked great for me from release up until the 12/14 patch. Then, when the 12/14 patch came out, I started experiencing the lag spikes and stuttering so many people were complaining about. So, I decided to buy it for PS3. It lagged so terribly on the PS3 that i barely played 45 min on BO PS3! So, I went back to the PC version and spent SO MUCH time tweaking the config files, un/re-installing drivers, etc.

Treyarch should learn from a REAL gaming studio like Guerilla Games. Killzone 3 is due to come out in less than 3 weeks. So, what does GG do? They release a BETA because they KNOW THERE ARE CONNECTION ISSUES! I bet any money by 2/22/11 (KZ3 Release Date) that all these connection bugs and issues will be worked out!

SHAME ON YOU TREYARCH!

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Here's a solution: Don't play shitty MW re-hashes that activision gets it's studios to pump out yearly to make money off you dummies who buy in.

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I did not buy and have not played MW2 because of not having dedicated servers. I was happy to hear BO was getting the servers back so I got it. I have constant lag and stuttering on these servers some days it is worse than others. I have tried different setting but nothing seems to work. Pin point aiming is all but impossible the movement of the the weapon is just no fluid enough to aim. has anyone else experienced this?

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Well, I guess I'm glad I stuck to my boycott of ANY game that's priced to high. I don't know about the states, but black ops is STILL 59.99 here in canada, 10 bucks more than it should be, looks like that was a good call o.0

bas94041

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
"The studio is taking every effort to ensure that every fan is happy," Olin explained

Then give me a refund. The PC version was UNPLAYABLE. So, what is this norm that allows these developers to make their millions in profits while denying me the option to get my money back when you ship CRAP?
Yes, you hit your holiday target for ship date by releasing what was easily the buggiest POS I've ever seen. And I've been gaming since the release of PONG for NTSC.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
"In an ideal would we would love to ship a completely bug-proof game. I can't think of a single developer in the world, though, that could achieve that."

umm, how about almost anything from Valve?

treyarch = amateurs.

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]rrmyguy[/nom]nobody should pay $60+ for a game and patiently sit and wait for months till they can "slowly but surely" play it..... If I buy any game that has been hyped up till release date, I plan on playing it when I get it home and then on.... not installing it then sit and wait for months for them to fet it ready to play..... ummmm shoulda have had all that hammered out before release date...... common sense, having patience for something like that shouldn't even be a factor.[/citation]

Give them time to fix bugs? It's been 4months already. By the way im in the process in building a new pc until sand bridge is re-release my laptop can play it fine though since it has a 5870 and i7 quad but my other desktop can't without laggs. That's even with the system requirements with a 4850 and they have it posted with a 8600gt. Plus i can play BC2 on the old rig at 1920x1080 res with no problem but blackops you can forget about it.

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Sorry rrmyguy wrong person lol...I was trying to comment on some other guy. Anyways enough with the QQ about the crappy game im done with it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.