Tried Upgrading Ram and Now Won't Turn On

CavsFan216

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Hi,

So I attempted to upgrade the ram on my Lenovo Thinkpad 13. In hindsight I should've done more work to make sure that the new ram was compatible. Either way I tried inserting the ram (I am pretty tech savvy so I'm pretty sure I did it correctly) but the laptop would not boot. I then removed the ram, accidentally snapping the ram brackets in the process, and attempted to boot up again. Even with the new ram removed my laptop will no longer boot up at all. The "on" light is on but nothing appears on the screen. Any suggestions?

Solution
I think you may have ruined your computer. Put in the old ram and make sure that it is in completely. If you still have one perfect ram slot then put the same amount of ram in there that is the same as the original ram and see if it works

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I think you may have ruined your computer. Put in the old ram and make sure that it is in completely. If you still have one perfect ram slot then put the same amount of ram in there that is the same as the original ram and see if it works

Solution