Trouble deleting mass amount of SMS

NoWhipCreamPlz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I have about 25,000 messages saved up on my phone, and nows about time to get rid of them, only problem... phone lags and force quits even on the default messaging program. Any solutions?

Solution
Well I keep my inbox so clean a message never lasts a week so I haven't dealt with that problem before. If you factory reset you phone your messages will be deleted but try to clear data and everything else in the messaging app first.

NoWhipCreamPlz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

Should of said this but a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2.
From what you said, the list recognizes that all my messages are 70 megabytes put together, but when you touch the messaging app the data comes up as 15 kilobytes. So clearing the data does nothing.
Found a solution I guess, I think deleting messages is a background process because all of a sudden a thread is gone, one that I tried deleting about 2 or 3 hours ago.

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Well I keep my inbox so clean a message never lasts a week so I haven't dealt with that problem before. If you factory reset you phone your messages will be deleted but try to clear data and everything else in the messaging app first.

Solution