Trouble with toshiba L355 S7905

Mauriy

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
I was in the process of activating windows 8 on my toshiba L355 and a message popped up saying my pc would restart and that it was part of the process. After restarting the windows boot manger appeared saying choose an operating system to start 1: windows 8, 2: windows setting, or 3: windows 7. After selecting windows 8 I got this blue screen saying my pc needs to be repaired. And selecting the windows 7 option the computer goes to this recovery options I've did the steps about 3 times recovering my computer to a time when it worked but this step has failed to work.

Solution
Basically, you insert the Windows 8 disc into the computer and start it up. I'm not exactly sure what key it is to pull up the boot menu on a Toshiba laptop but you'll have to access the boot menu and make the computer boot from the CD/DVD Drive. The Windows installation environment should load. From there, you'll click on all of the "next" stuff, and the Microsoft ToS until you reach the part where you have to select which drive you wish to install your OS on. From there, you'll open "Drive Options" and look for an option called Format. It'll completely erase the drive and prep it for OS installation. If there are any other present partitions (aside from the Toshiba Recovery partition), you may want to delete them to regain space for...

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Did you install Windows 7 or 8 manually? Or did it arrive like that? Either way, you'll probably need a Windows installation CD to completely format the hard drive. Then you'll have to choose which OS you actually want to install.

Are you able to boot from the Toshiba factory recovery and start over? It sounds like Windows 8 was not installed correctly, and you now have multiple operating systems on the same drive. You should be able to run 7 and 8 on the same drive, by the way, but something in this scenario sounds like it is not configured correctly.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Basically, you insert the Windows 8 disc into the computer and start it up. I'm not exactly sure what key it is to pull up the boot menu on a Toshiba laptop but you'll have to access the boot menu and make the computer boot from the CD/DVD Drive. The Windows installation environment should load. From there, you'll click on all of the "next" stuff, and the Microsoft ToS until you reach the part where you have to select which drive you wish to install your OS on. From there, you'll open "Drive Options" and look for an option called Format. It'll completely erase the drive and prep it for OS installation. If there are any other present partitions (aside from the Toshiba Recovery partition), you may want to delete them to regain space for your main partition. From there, you'll install Windows 8 onto your main partition.

If you want to have both Windows 7 and 8 on your laptop, you'll have to create two separate partitions, and supply adequate space for both of them.

Solution