Trump Blocks Biggest Tech Deal in History: Here's Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

mensa517

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
All and well, however, this sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black as the United States itself has ordered tech companies to allow back doors into all our user tech so our government can snoop /spy on us. The irony is the majority of our technology is made in China, which already inserts spy wear into it. So this may perhaps be overkill or a case of the fox guarding the hen house.

Mar 12, 2018
The Good Old' USA is THE Cash Cow for the ENTIRE planet, for more than [just] money. Until the citizenry gets a handle on this tidbit of common sense and does something other than roll over like a puppy, we as a Nation will continue to flow down the Crapper, as we have done since the early 60s. President Trump is the first in a long line of politicians to stand UP for this country. GOD BLESS HIM. Face the truth before we as a Nation, have nothing left. I for one, am pleased with the direction things are turning [finally] in favor of the USA. The balance of trade, is an awakening, akin to a bucket of cold water in the face. GO get the FLOATERS President Trump.

mensa517

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
And what's your point? All you are doing is ranting in support of trump. Your reply has nothing to do with the issues. Trade and such is determined by a consortium of countries, rich billionaires, the banking systems and so called elite5. Trump has no control over that. All he's doing is driving prices up for the everyday man to enrich himself and his cohorts. Take your tunnel vision goggles off, wake up and stop being a sheep. Or does your brain hurt when you think?

Mar 13, 2018
For someone calling himself 'MENSA' that's a remarkably stupid comment. Trump's tariffs MAY increase consumer prices, but they will absolutely cut profits for company owners, either by increasing manufacturing costs through higher steel and aluminum prices or by increasing consumer prices and therefore lowering volumes. Generally speaking, manufacturing CXOs would love to use the cheapest materials possible. But American companies are increasingly being out-competed by lower wage off-shore companies, either being driven out of business or being bought up one division at a time. At some point, we will be out of companies to sell off and out of land to sell off, and at that point it will be pretty much impossible to recover.

For decades we have squandered our status as the world's most profitable market. It's past time we stop the loss of American manufacturing while we still own some of the companies and possess some manufacturing knowledge. Corporate tax rate cuts were a good first step; these tariffs are a good second step.

mensa517

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Stupid? Obviously your inbred brain can't handle the truth. But it's par for the course for people like you to not understand economics and make pusillanimous commentary. Just who do you think these increased costs will be passed on to? When consumers have to spend more money on cheaper material products as you put it, while manufacturers increase prices, it means spending will slow down causing a collapse in the GNP, CPI etc and we all suffer. As well, the smoke screens and mirrors of a tax cut to the everyday man is nullified, placing them 2 steps back, it's called bait and switch idiot and only benefits the companies, traders and other rich. Continue supporting your moron in chief while dancing your way to the poor house. ENJOY THE SNAKE BITE FROM TRUMP YOU JUST RECEIVED. CYA INBRED.

Mar 13, 2018
I think you commenters are taking the reasons for face value without thinking about the possibility that Broadcom is possibly a conspirator with the NSA and selling to a foreign company would mean telling foreigners about all the secret spying done using Broadcom hardware. It's not hypocritical, it's protective.

Rexer

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
As much as I love cheap components, I think getting our tech manufacturing and our resource industries restarted is a good thing. I remember Todd Ship Yard in San Pedro, CA would build huge ships are now an off loading dock for imports. We helped many Asian countries become tech savy and brought their living standards up. I'd like to return to #1 in technology, too. I think it's a good we begin selling 'Made in U.S.A.' and exporting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.