Solved! Trusted Credentials/CA Certificates on Android

Sep 9, 2018
I have an Android phone. It's a ZTE Axon or something.

I noticed today while menu diving that the 'Security' section has 'Trusted Credentials'.

Upon viewing these a lot of the credential certificates looked kinda sketchy. A few I googled and seem legitimate but some others I googled had some negative search results.

I run Norton Mobile as a virus/malware protection on my device currently so I would hope that it would catch these sort of things, if it is an issue.

If anybody could shed some light on this or recommend a best practice to ensure that I don't have some sort of malware/virus or anything I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
Oh TouchPal. I so do not like that app. It is usually something that comes on the device. Why some manufacturer's add it, I can't say. But I so can't stand that app. It can actually start adding ads and other junk. Quite annoying. It is good that you disabled it. That is what I would have suggested since it doesn't let you uninstall it.

Yes, some certificates can be malware, or other things, but the only way to know is to test for viruses, malware, etc. If you test the phone using just apps, I personally think it can miss things. Plus most antivirus apps don't really test for malware, and vise versa. I good way to check the device would be to connect to a computer via USB and then run antivirus and also a malware program, perhaps even...
Sep 9, 2018
Gotcha! Thanks for the tip!

I have some apps on there that I have no idea what they are. Most of them have the green android logo.

There's one app TouchPal that I can't seem to uninstall for some reason. I just went in and disabled it.

I read somewhere online that certain trust certificates were potentially malware. I couldn't find a list or anything like that though.

Oh TouchPal. I so do not like that app. It is usually something that comes on the device. Why some manufacturer's add it, I can't say. But I so can't stand that app. It can actually start adding ads and other junk. Quite annoying. It is good that you disabled it. That is what I would have suggested since it doesn't let you uninstall it.

Yes, some certificates can be malware, or other things, but the only way to know is to test for viruses, malware, etc. If you test the phone using just apps, I personally think it can miss things. Plus most antivirus apps don't really test for malware, and vise versa. I good way to check the device would be to connect to a computer via USB and then run antivirus and also a malware program, perhaps even check for spyware, from the computer.

Solution