Trying to Achieve true 5.1 surround sound with Logitech Z906 Speakers & 55" Smart TV

Feb 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

Basically i have a Techwood 55" 4k Ultra HD TV (Techwood 55AO4USB) and the Logitech Z906 5.1 surround sound speaker setup at my new house.

The TV i have does not have an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). It only has 2 normal HDMI slots and optical slots (i believe optical is only 2 channel?)

At the minute i am receiving left and right (2.1) by using HDMI from my TV to my Sky box, then an HDMI from my sky box to a HDMI converter. From here i then have RCA cables running from my converter to my speakers.

Is there any way i can recieve 5.1 surround sound by changing my setup in any way?

Solution
Looking at the Techwood 55AO4USB, it appears to have an SPDIF digital output via RCA jack.
Looking at the Logitech Z906, it appears to have an SPDIF digital input via RCA jack.

Match made in heaven, if your Sky box can do A/V over HDMI - ditch the HMDI converter and connect directly to the TV, connect the SPDIF output to the Logitech, and see if that works!
Looking at the Techwood 55AO4USB, it appears to have an SPDIF digital output via RCA jack.
Looking at the Logitech Z906, it appears to have an SPDIF digital input via RCA jack.

Match made in heaven, if your Sky box can do A/V over HDMI - ditch the HMDI converter and connect directly to the TV, connect the SPDIF output to the Logitech, and see if that works!

Solution