Trying to Connect Headphones to Sony Bravia R40

Jailhouse

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
So I was led by a few threads around the internet to believe that I could have HDMI video going from my Roku to the TV, and out the audio through the RCA redwhite audio cables into a female headphone input converter. Nothing happens when I try this, and the audio continues to come out of the tv's speakers.

The inputs on the back are as follows: Audio Out (way too hot a signal and you can't adjust the volume), Digital Audio Out, RCA RW audio, RCA redblueyellow video

Here is the back of the tv
https://s16.postimg.org/r2cojogxx/20170329_172424_1.jpg

Thanks.

Solution
OMG I literally just figured out how to do this by randomly trying things in the settings.

Deep in the settings menu you can switch the audio out between fixed and variable. Default is fixed. Switched it to variable. Plugged in straight into the "audio out" then you have to select "audio system" for the speakers setting to mute the speakers and have sound onloy come out of your headphones. You can now control the volume into the speakers with the remote.

Way too much twiddling to get it to work, and I wasted 8 dollars on a cable i dont need. meh

Jailhouse

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
OMG I literally just figured out how to do this by randomly trying things in the settings.

Deep in the settings menu you can switch the audio out between fixed and variable. Default is fixed. Switched it to variable. Plugged in straight into the "audio out" then you have to select "audio system" for the speakers setting to mute the speakers and have sound onloy come out of your headphones. You can now control the volume into the speakers with the remote.

Way too much twiddling to get it to work, and I wasted 8 dollars on a cable i dont need. meh

Solution