Solved! Trying to get audio when connecting blu-ray player to monitor

Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,

I want to connect my blu ray player to my monitor, and this was easy to achieve with a HDMI cable. The picture is perfect, and the only issue is that there is no audio since the monitor isn't enabled for sound. This is all pretty 'duh', so my actual question is this - what are my options for getting sound? The blu ray player has a coaxial digital socket - can I use this to get audio into speakers? If so, what cables/speakers should I look into? I have looked, but can only find subwoofers/massive speakers that are absolutely not what I'm looking for!

Solution
The blu ray player has a coaxial digital socket - can I use this to get audio into speakers?

Yes, of course but ... you need some sort of receiver/amplifier to power the speakers. I would think 5.1 would be ideal ... they come in all sorts of qualities, sizes, and prices. What's your budget?

robert600

Distinguished
The blu ray player has a coaxial digital socket - can I use this to get audio into speakers?

Yes, of course but ... you need some sort of receiver/amplifier to power the speakers. I would think 5.1 would be ideal ... they come in all sorts of qualities, sizes, and prices. What's your budget?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS