TurtleBeach Z6A or Logitech G35 or Astro A40

devjeetroy

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hey,
I am looking to buy a new gaming headset. I currently own a Razer Carcharias. I am not really thrilled with the sound quality, and the headset also causes hot micing issues pretty frequently. So, in my search for my next headset, I am looking at the following:

TurtleBeach Z6A

Logitech G35

Astro A40 w/ MixAmp

What I am looking for(in order of priority):
* Good quality for both headphones and the mic.
* Good compatibility with fps games, mainly Battlefield 3 and CounterStrike
* Surround sound

I would like to hear your opinion on these headsets and am also open to suggestions for other headsets. Keep in mind, I have decided not to buy AX720s and the AX pros.

Thanks!

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

As far as the headphones and mic goes, the headphones are going to be OKAY, they are not designed to be hi-fi like Sennheisers or Beyerdynamics or Audio Technicas. So on this, you are probably not going to get superb quality, pin-detailed headphones. As for mics, unless you get one of those specialty mics that starts to come with expensive sound cards nowadays, they are all the same more or less, it is this sub-centimeter cheapo mic that hasn't changed since the 1990s.

All of the headphones/mic combos have good compatibility with games. But to be safe, you should probably pick one that is analog driven (that doesn't use USB).

If you need surround sound, your options will be more limited. I was never very convinced by the "surround sound" of headphones. I found this to be gimmicky.