TV Advice? Samsung 55"LED UN55JU6500

Hbard2015

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
There's an UHD 4k TV on sale at my military base for 950$. This is tax free also being on base, so extra savings there, and there is only one of them. Does anyone know if this TV has any problems or if I should hold off for a different TV? A lot of reviews are a bit low on Amazon pushing the avg rating down to 3.5/5.0 and some people are having problems with the TV software out of the box, auto-signal selection at bad times, and some other hardware problems.

I sold my old TV because it was garbage but I was overseas so I didn't care. I don't know much about the best TV's since I usually pc game, but I want to do it right the first time because it sucks getting stuck with something that big and expensive if there is better choices out there for around equal price.

Thanks.

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
First of all, thank you for your service. As for the TV itself, paying less than $1000 for a Samsung 55 inch 4k TV is a very sweet deal. If you're not concerned about that the smart TV features (which many people aren't because they own a gaming console, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc) then the software part wouldn't matter a bit. The auto signal also isn't a big deal. Worst case scenario is you have to change the input on the TV when switching between devices. That's just my opinion.