tv box audio out passthrough tv

paulkoumjian

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I need to connect my android TV box's audio out into TV's speaker system. Tried 3.5 mm stereo out from box into two RCA jack's into TV using converter cable w/o success. I am bypassing the HDMI to HDMI method, using an HDMI (from the box) to VGA (into the tv) converter cable. No sound though, so I need to send it from the boxes audio out 3.5 mm, to the TV's audio in RCA Jack's. Ain't working though. HELP?

Solution
Are you sure the box has audio outputs. Some do have AV outputs. That would require a different cable which would have three RCA plugs.
Some TVs won't access an input without a video signal present. Plug the composite video output in too.
If you are using VGA for the video from the box why not use the audio input associated with that input? It might be shared with another input so check the TV manual. You might have to assign it to VGA.
I assume there is a reason why you don't just use HDMI. There are HDMI audio extractors or you could add HDMI inputs with an external HDMI input selector.
Are you sure the box has audio outputs. Some do have AV outputs. That would require a different cable which would have three RCA plugs.
Some TVs won't access an input without a video signal present. Plug the composite video output in too.
If you are using VGA for the video from the box why not use the audio input associated with that input? It might be shared with another input so check the TV manual. You might have to assign it to VGA.
I assume there is a reason why you don't just use HDMI. There are HDMI audio extractors or you could add HDMI inputs with an external HDMI input selector.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS