Tanya63

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Hi I just bought HDMI cables so i can watch films from my computer on the tv but it doesn't project to my tv.. what can I do?

Solution
If the HDMI output of your laptop is higher than the native resolution of the TV you won't get picture and may get an error message. Set it 1280 x 720 as that is supported by all HD TVs.
Sometimes the order that you turn things on makes a difference. Select the HDMI input that the laptop is connected to and then boot it up. Try turning the TV on with the laptop already booted.
Try a different cable and input on the TV. If you have another HDMI source connect that to make sure the HDMI inputs on the TV are working.
laptop or desktop? if desktop are you connected to your graphics card or the motherboard?
what resolution is your other screen? what resolution is the tv?
if laptop you've checked your projector mode? fn+f5 normally though on some models it may vary.
if desktop you've checked your multi-monitor options?
you've already checked swapping inputs on your tv? (using the remote, not using a different hdmi port on the back)

If the HDMI output of your laptop is higher than the native resolution of the TV you won't get picture and may get an error message. Set it 1280 x 720 as that is supported by all HD TVs.
Sometimes the order that you turn things on makes a difference. Select the HDMI input that the laptop is connected to and then boot it up. Try turning the TV on with the laptop already booted.
Try a different cable and input on the TV. If you have another HDMI source connect that to make sure the HDMI inputs on the TV are working.

Solution