Dec 29, 2011
i am setting up a tv for my xbox 360 gaming and to use as my computer monitor

both are to be connected via HDMI cable

i have decided on a 32" because it fits my price range the best

i am undecided from a number of tv's and i cannot choose

please help me choose

one of these
(I'm hoping this link will work)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/compare-result.aspx?ProductIds=10179444%2C10175664%2C10164565&returnPath=%257e%252fcatalog%252fproductdetails.aspx%253fpath%253daa6f9a70679b0b6bd7750ff3d96d31d6en02%2526sku%253d10179444%2526lang%253den

or this one

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262136

the newegg one is my least favourite because it is one of the more expensive and it doesn't come with a mounting bracket

(so yes i am planning on mounting it)

any other suggestions are much appreciated but remember i live in canada so don't give me us links

aslo i am planning on playing BluRay movies through the computer as well as gaming.

thanks very much.

Solution
i can't view shopping links here so i dont know what you are linking to but a few things to look for:

DO try to stay with a major brand (sony, samsung, maybe lg..in that order)
DONT buy olevia or cheap knock off brands (unless longevity isnt an issue to you)
DO buy a 1080p television not a 720p
DO buy a 60hz model for pc compatiblility (if you dont there could be lag issues)
DONT buy 120/240hz (for reason above)

as far as led vs ccfl backlighting... leds are definitely cheaper on the electric bill but arent going to improve the image at all.

as far as a mounting bracket is concerned... you can get these easily enough at a local electronics shop (or order one online).

remember... if you cheap out now, you will be kicking yourself...
i can't view shopping links here so i dont know what you are linking to but a few things to look for:

DO try to stay with a major brand (sony, samsung, maybe lg..in that order)
DONT buy olevia or cheap knock off brands (unless longevity isnt an issue to you)
DO buy a 1080p television not a 720p
DO buy a 60hz model for pc compatiblility (if you dont there could be lag issues)
DONT buy 120/240hz (for reason above)

as far as led vs ccfl backlighting... leds are definitely cheaper on the electric bill but arent going to improve the image at all.

as far as a mounting bracket is concerned... you can get these easily enough at a local electronics shop (or order one online).

remember... if you cheap out now, you will be kicking yourself later. sure you can budget but make sure what you buy is quality.

Solution