TV is COMPLETELY DEAD WONT POWER ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2018
TV wont power on completely dead no standby light

Hi

I have a Blaupunkt 43/134M-GB-11B-FEGUX the tv was on with Netflix and lost power and turned itself off. There was no power surge the tv unexpectedly just lost power and switched off

After this occured I changed the fuse for the main plug.

I also unplugged the TV for 30 mins or so and then plugged in again ensuring the switch was set to on and the TV still has no standby light and is completely dead.

I also checked with a multimeter than 242 volts of power is being delivered to the board itself directly from the main power supply to the board. I checked voltage coming out of the board and this had a 0.001 reading. I think changing the board would solve the issue.

I have searched online for a replacement main board - this specific TVs powerboard and AV board are in one main board, but I am unable to find a replacement board.

I have checked the mainboard and none of the components or capacitors appear swolen or burnt out. This specific tv does not have a separate power board and AV board it has one main board containing power and AV outputs.

I have read online elsewhere, that with these types of symptoms where the TV is completely dead with no blown components, it is most likely the mounted power supply chip which has developed a fault and this should be changed along with the 22Uf capacitor.

A brand new board would cost £72, the TV itself is worth £160 new, therefore this is not economical, I have seen second hand boards on ebay for other Blaupunkt models which sell for £30.

The only other solution I can think of is to order a brand new power supply chip and the capacitor and see if this will be cheaper than the £72 board and ask a local technician to repair this for me.

Any advice anyone can offer would be highly appreciated

Please see a pic of the board below

ES37929%20-%20Blaupunkt%2043134M-GB-11B-FEGUX-UK%20-%20Main%20AV%20-%20TP.MS6486.PB711%20-%20B16086221%20-%20LC430DUY-SHA1%20-%2015M-3%20CVTE.jpg

Solution
Much better.

You are on the right track.

Get the full costs associated with a tech replacing the board but I cannot see it being much less than replacing.

You're going to have to weigh the cost/benefit of repairing or replacing. It's mostly a disposable world now and most times fixing a TV is more expensive than replacing it.

Again, great job troubleshooting.

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Much better.

You are on the right track.

Get the full costs associated with a tech replacing the board but I cannot see it being much less than replacing.

You're going to have to weigh the cost/benefit of repairing or replacing. It's mostly a disposable world now and most times fixing a TV is more expensive than replacing it.

Again, great job troubleshooting.

Solution
Sep 12, 2018
Hey Corwin65

So a local TV repair shop called and said they have the board, and said it is from the same model they said its £60 to fix it or if it doesnt work there will be no charge.

I am wondering though is it possible to install a Blaupunkt tv board from a different model tv into my tv ? I guess as long as the TV has all the same outputs 3x HDMI 1x scart VGA aerial and optical and wi-fi then it would work the same anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.