tv model number LED55G55R120Q screen black but word are in the back

Solution
The answer is ebay:
led strips

But you do have to realize this is a tricky job. I'm a trained technician and I change led strips occasionally. Dismantling the LCD panel is a stressful job.
Any amount of excessive force will break the panel, twist it too much it will break, pinch too hard it will break.

Also, if you put a single finger smudge on the white reflectors, it will forever be there.

The order of the reflectors and metal bands has to be exact. If your order is wrong or they are incorrectly put back together, you might break the panel.

So...what I recommend is bringing it to a trained technician. ^^;

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
That means the backlight went out. This typically isn't something you can repair on your own. It would likely be cheaper to buy a new one or you can try to exchange it where you bought it from if it isn't too old.

Failing that, it may be time to pull out that warranty card and take advantage of it (you did fill out the warranty card and mail it in, right?)

Hello.

I'm sorry to say, but your backlight, your LEDs, is defective. I have dozens of RCA tv's with defective LED in the shop. This is not user replaceable, and is usually a costly repair.

I highly suggest getting another TV, and definitely not an RCA. RCA tv's usually will last from 6 months to 3 years at the moment. They are the lowest quality tv on the market.

Brellboy31

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016

If you want to test your backlight supply, and you have knowledge of how to use a voltmeter, you can test if there's voltage going to your leds.

(remember, risk of electric shock)
Open your rear cover. Then identify the wires that lead to your LEDs. Then use the voltmeter to test the voltage.
QkY8iMp.jpg
If there is no voltage present when the TV is on, it's the power supply. If there is voltage, it's the LED backlighting.

Brellboy31

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016

The answer is ebay:
led strips

But you do have to realize this is a tricky job. I'm a trained technician and I change led strips occasionally. Dismantling the LCD panel is a stressful job.
Any amount of excessive force will break the panel, twist it too much it will break, pinch too hard it will break.

Also, if you put a single finger smudge on the white reflectors, it will forever be there.

The order of the reflectors and metal bands has to be exact. If your order is wrong or they are incorrectly put back together, you might break the panel.

So...what I recommend is bringing it to a trained technician. ^^;

Solution