Solved! Tv problems picture ok but no sound

jeanluc500

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Hello,I have a large sony tv I purchased about 15 yrs ago,picture is perfect ,but all of sudden no sound in all channels . What could be the problem ?
thanks

Solution
A) Check to see if you have the TV muted (you probably already did). B) If the TV is hooked up to speakers, check all of the cabling to make sure nothing was cut, worn, burned out, etc. C) Knowing that the TV is 15 years old, it might just be worn out. Ive had TV's that our family has put a lot of miles on, and after so much time, they just give out due to use and age.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
A) Check to see if you have the TV muted (you probably already did). B) If the TV is hooked up to speakers, check all of the cabling to make sure nothing was cut, worn, burned out, etc. C) Knowing that the TV is 15 years old, it might just be worn out. Ive had TV's that our family has put a lot of miles on, and after so much time, they just give out due to use and age.

Solution

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Going out on a limb here, but if you have a Directv receiver attached, hit the red reset button inside the front right flap. The HD receivers got a botched software update this week that requires a hard restart. I have run 6 service calls this week for this particular glitch.

DishNet boxes have a similiar issue at the moment where the audio out gets switched to RF instead of bitstream.

Bcnixon123

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011