Solved! Tv remote wont work then works

Nov 13, 2018
I have a proscan tv that's only about 5 years old. Recently the power button on the tv remote and cable box remote stopped turning it on. However when you use the power button on the tv to turn it on then both remotes work again. This has happens twice now and I feel like the answer is simple but I'm over looking it.

It can't be the remote since neither one works to turn the TV on.
You could have some IR interference causing an intermittent problem. Very strong sunlight can do that. Or the TV IR receiver is intermittent. Next time it happens try using the remote very close to the TV. If you can see an IR receiver on the front of the TV get close to it.

It can't be the remote since neither one works to turn the TV on.
You could have some IR interference causing an intermittent problem. Very strong sunlight can do that. Or the TV IR receiver is intermittent. Next time it happens try using the remote very close to the TV. If you can see an IR receiver on the front of the TV get close to it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 0
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 9
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1