TV Resolution Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluealien

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi
I was ordering something dell told me tvs on sale I didn't think about the resolution 13--X--- but I was buying it for my computer still running computer screen does that mean my resolution will suck. Its 1600x900 so my games will look cheesy. I tried to stop the order but for once dell got it out fast. So it won't support my current resolution. I know this sounds lame but I know nothing in this area.
Appreciate a response Thanks

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
SSDDX - That's not entirely correct. If this is being used with a computer then the TV will be outputting what the computer's resolution is set at. If his PC can only handle 1600x900, which is what he's saying I think, then that's what the TV will show. It's definitely not optimal.

I'm having a hard time answering the topic question though. I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but I'm having a hard time understanding what was written and what's being asked. Your computer will need to be set at the highest resolution your new TV can support. Hopefully, in this day and age, your new TV is 1080p and your GPU is able to handle a 1080p output with a decent frame rate during gaming. I apologize if this doesnt answer your question.

what is not correct about that sierra? even if he is using a laptop with a 1600x900 screen, it is capable of outputting in a different resolution to a second screen. what i said in my post above is that it doesnt matter what he *currently* has his resolution set at, the resolution he needs to run at is the *native* resolution on the tv. anything else and he will run into issues generally. unless he runs at the resolutions the tv accepts, its going to have issues. if is on a laptop with a non supported resolution screen he might not be able to run in duplicate but may need to run in extend mode. if its a desktop, theres no issue.

the op needs to clarify quite a few things for us to provide a good answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.