TV Samsung 51 inch was plug in wall and play station was connected to tv, play station made a pop noise, and I saw a spark tv

Jackie005

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Samsung 51 inch plasma was plug in the wall, play station was connected to tv and play station made a pop noise and a spark came from play station and tv went out and did not come back on, what exactly could be wrong and how money would it cost to repair?

Solution
in most cases you can see for yourself the issues if you disassemble it. in most cases the board on the back of the screen goes or the power supply. we had on go that was not on a surge and we swapped the board out and it was fine. was like 50 bucks.

check for blown caps etc. if you dont see anything like that you may be out of luck or could always try finding some used parts and swap them in

06yfz450ridr

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
could have been a power surge killing both the tv and playstation. was it on a decent surge protector? in most cases you wont be able to fix it unless you can narrow it down to a certain part and find something on ebay to replace it.

Jackie005

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

Jackie005

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
TV was not on a surge protector I believe play station was on surge protector, if I take to a tv repair would they be able pin point the issue?? Is this very expensive repair what would be your estimate ?

06yfz450ridr

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
in most cases you can see for yourself the issues if you disassemble it. in most cases the board on the back of the screen goes or the power supply. we had on go that was not on a surge and we swapped the board out and it was fine. was like 50 bucks.

check for blown caps etc. if you dont see anything like that you may be out of luck or could always try finding some used parts and swap them in

Solution