TV sound not playing through reciever

DirtyDiaper

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,
I have a Yamaha HTR 6068 reciever hooked up with a Samsung Smart TV and Foxtel. There is a HDMI cable running from the Foxtel to the reciever, and a HDMI to the TV. The Audio works fine when using foxtel but when I switch it to TV, it only plays through the TV speakers. When I change the TV sound output from "TV speakers" to "audio out", the sound stops playing through the TV, but no sound through the external speakers.

robert600

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
i think you need to run a cable from the audio out of your tv to an input of the receiver and then switch the receiver's input setting to the appropriate selection. Should work fine then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
Z Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question Netflix not playing sound through surround sound
Audio from DVD doesn't play dialog, only background sounds
I need HDMI from ps3 out to lg sk 9y in to Epson home cinema projector HDMI in. Sound won't play from sound bar only projector
Pandora appears to be playing, though the play bar under the album icon does not register any movement. However, no sound. New
Question about playing movies via USB on tv with home cinema and sound
Solved! I have a 50-inch plasma LG but when I plug Sky box in the sound plays on every other channel can you tell me why or is it the
My daytek tv doesn’t play sound on fire stick
I have a 32 inch Ecco TV ,it lost pictures,I can only hear the sound ,but when I play a dvd connected to my computer,the pictu
Get no sound when playing
Hooked firestick into receiver and sound plays fine, but lost audio on TV
Only Jaws movie (digital and dvd) not playing sound through home projector
Can't get Netflix to play thru sound bar
I have an old Panasonic tv and bought a A/V converter but it doesn’t play sound and it’s black and white
My projector wont play sound the hdmi from Direct tv box
My Samsung smart tv won't play through my LG lg427 surround sound... It plays only for DVD but not cable.What can I do to fix?
My Sony bravia 42 inches fluctuates with a cutout sound when I inserts a pen drive to play videos from it.
Rca projector not playing sound
New rca projector won't play sound
how can i get tcl roku to play sound thru me home theatre system?
sound cuts out playing dvd

ASK THE COMMUNITY