TV sound not working on RCA home theater

PDsports

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
We have an RCA flat screen TV with an RCA DVD Home Theater system. It has worked fine for 2 years but in the last few weeks the TV sound stopped in the left front speaker and just today the left rear speaker also stopped transmitting sound from the TV.

Now, when you play a DVD or the tuner, it works fine but anything that comes through the TV, whether it's cable, the streaming device or the Wii, will not produce sound in the left speakers. So I'm guessing it's not a defective connection.

I've gone through the audio menu on the TV and tried boosting the sound through the speakers but it just produces a louder hissing sound.

Any ideas of what I should do to correct this issue?

Thanks.

Solution
Try a different hdmi cord. Other than that I'm thinking it is a defect in the surround sound receiver simply due to wear and tear. Perhaps check the manufacturers website for troubleshooting tips. If this is a common problem it may be there. If all else fails, I imagine the manufacturers repair warranty is longer than 2 years. Hope one of the above options helps!

PDsports

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014

Sorry, it's via HDMI.

The sound is fine on the center and both right speakers as well as the subwoofer. It actually comes through on the left rear speaker for a second or two whenever I click the surround sound button on the HT remote. It only comes through on the left front speaker on the DVD or tuner.

AudioObsessed

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
Try a different hdmi cord. Other than that I'm thinking it is a defect in the surround sound receiver simply due to wear and tear. Perhaps check the manufacturers website for troubleshooting tips. If this is a common problem it may be there. If all else fails, I imagine the manufacturers repair warranty is longer than 2 years. Hope one of the above options helps!

Solution