Two audio outputs from a TV, one volume (Toslink and 2.5mm)

Cwinget

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014
I have a subwoofer through 2.5mm AUX, and a soundbar through Toslink, both outputting from my Sceptre U50 49" 4K TV. The TV's internal volume only effects the TV's internal speakers, neither of the audio outputs. When you change the volume on the TV, it doesn't change the volume of either the optical output, or the 2.5mm aux, they both have their own volumes. So when turning up the soundbar, you also have to manually turn up the subwoofer to match it, which is not ideal. I'm dealing with it by turning off the subwoofer for now, but I'd much rather not have to.

Is there any (preferably not super expensive) way to get them both on the same source? I'm okay with having an external audio controller to have both outputs on the same source, but it'd have to be small, and it'd have to have IR remote control so I can have everything programmed to the same universal remote.

Solution
I lost count of how many "sound bar" related posts I've responded and I always say "buy something else."

For it to do what you want, your sound bars has to have a master control and a SW output (on the sound bar) so it controls both simultaneously. Since you are asking, it probably has no such feature. If you are enamored of sound bars, look for one that has the feature I just described.
I lost count of how many "sound bar" related posts I've responded and I always say "buy something else."

For it to do what you want, your sound bars has to have a master control and a SW output (on the sound bar) so it controls both simultaneously. Since you are asking, it probably has no such feature. If you are enamored of sound bars, look for one that has the feature I just described.

Solution