Two laptops--both suddenly cannot connect to wifi, while others can.

KJC_22

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I go to a local coffee shop frequently and use their free wifi. Suddenly, both of my laptops stopped connecting, but other patrons (and my iPhone) are still able to connect.

One laptop is Lenovo, one is HP. I can run the latter as an administrator.

I've tried:
--forgetting the network and reconnecting
--flushing the DNS
--uninstalling the wifi adaptor, restarting and reinstalling
--releasing and reconfiguring my IP address
--restarting the computer
--resetting the modem (coffee shop was nice enough to do it for me)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've lost hours over this, and hate the idea of no longer being able to use the coffee shop as a work space.

Thank you!

Hmmm, if you have done all that, and it works with other devices, it may be that the WiFi has gone in both devices. Odd as the timing might be.

Have you checked using the WiFi in other locations? Other than the Coffee Shop, to see if it will work? If it works elsewhere, then you may have been blocked somehow at that location. Even if not by the shop, it could have been done by their service provider. If it doesn't work elsewhere, then I would really consider hardware upgrades for the computers.

Hmmm, if you have done all that, and it works with other devices, it may be that the WiFi has gone in both devices. Odd as the timing might be.

Have you checked using the WiFi in other locations? Other than the Coffee Shop, to see if it will work? If it works elsewhere, then you may have been blocked somehow at that location. Even if not by the shop, it could have been done by their service provider. If it doesn't work elsewhere, then I would really consider hardware upgrades for the computers.

gazzaroonie

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
I had similar problem ..Toshiba laptop suddenly stopped connecting to internet at home I uninstalled Norton 360 and now it works fine Windows Defender is best

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kath123k Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
NightKnight007 Laptop Tech Support 4
Ken991 Laptop Tech Support 3
rayxmf Laptop Tech Support 3
awesomeballer69 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1