Two speakers on a PC with two audio jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi, I have a question, I have two speaker jacks on my pc. One black, one green. Can I hook up two different speakers and have them both playing at the same time? And before you comment, no I'm not on about the rear jack and the front headphone jack, I have two rear audio jacks coming from the sound card. I can't find an answer to this question anywhere. Is it possible? Thanks for your help :)

Solution
example+sound+card.jpg

you can have two seperate speaker systems hooked up and they will play audio as if you had a four speaker surround sound.

you will NOT be able to have both hooked up playing different audio sources. ie, one playing music and the other playing sound from games.

Conster

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. I mean, I have two separate sets of speakers. Can I connect one set to the green, and the other set to the black? I know that one jack supplies audio to the two speakers. Thanks for the reply.

You can, the green will be front mains, black is the surround sound(rear surround) jack.

example+sound+card.jpg

you can have two seperate speaker systems hooked up and they will play audio as if you had a four speaker surround sound.

you will NOT be able to have both hooked up playing different audio sources. ie, one playing music and the other playing sound from games.

Solution
G

Thanks for the replies. I have tried it, but it didn't work. Sound was only played through one set of speakers. I'll see if anything needs to be set up within Windows. Would it be easier to just get a Y splitter? UPDATE: Had a mess about with the settings and got it to work. Thanks :)

Muhammad_151

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

oh man couldn't you at least tell us what setting you fumbled with to get it to work?? 4 years later people still end up reading a post you started looking for the same answer. =(
This is why it's always imprtant to leave your results after you solved the issue =)

Status
Not open for further replies.