U.S. Gov Says Huge Cyber Threat on Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Robert Gates:
What we look for is to cripple even more civil liber...[cough cough]...sorry, I I think I got this virus in an internet Cafe. What we look for is to cripple the attackers. And we have been saying the same for years, but now we are going to try one more time.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Join the military and instead of an M16 you'll get a ruggedized notebook and sit around in your virtual fox hole playing computer games and waiting for the next cyper mortar attack.

gorillateets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Where is this prediction coming from? Based on???? Is there a leak confirming the suspicion? There's not a lot to go on here.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Why dose the Gov. need to keep reminding us that our nations networks suck compaired to other nations with far less resources. While here in the US we are all slaves to the TelCom compaies and there driving us into the stone-age of national networks.

[Gov]: Quick!! where is John Mclain? We got a Fire Sale on our hands!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I just hope the US Gov't does not hire Chinese or Indian programmers then later bitch about how they were able to steal tons of data for their homeland...lol!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I honestly do not understand the reasoning behind why the government allows access to ANY of it's internal networks via the WWW. Pure ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.