UK Hacker Loses Appeal to Block Extradition to US

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Hes not American and he wasn't in America at the time of the crime therefor I think its complete bull that hes getting sent over here.

He should be tried in the UK and based on the UK laws. I think the US military is just afriad of him talking about what he has seen.

G

I wonder how many times a US citizen has been extradited to the UK?

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
All except his note, who's fault is it that he was able to get into these networks? Its always about placing blame on someone else for someone elses blunder. The jurisdiction of electricity is tricky! I do agree with an open court type of system where the accuser and the accused meet on neutral ground. If they are found guilty then they are jailed in the country they have citizenship with.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
It isn't our governments fault that McKinnon was trying to get into someone else's computers. It doesn't matter whether you are anti/pro government, the fact that he was attacking computers that belong to someone else makes him a hacker. If you commit against a country that is against the laws of that country then that country should have the right to pursue justice according to their laws against you. 'Nuff said.

lobhob

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
LOL afraid of him, he obviously has nothing that he found from his exploits because first of all he didn't talk about what he found, second the secrets of that type of magnitude he was talking about would only be stored on a separate network (not a civilian network i.e. the internet) away from some secretaries computers he prob hacked and screwed up some excel files lol. However, I was surprised that the UK would do that with their on citizen considering most Western European countries often refuse to extradite US citizens because of our "cruel prisons", although we have criminals who are ten times rougher and hardcore then theirs are(Been shown tough criminals react to tough punishment in the form of not wanting to go back to jail, increases risk of running from police but also reduces crime rate greatly)Ever hear of Joe Arpaio?

G

I suppose the reality is that this individual should face the US courts for doing something so stupid but... The problem is that with the current social climate in the US that , they will make an example out of him and he will not get a 'fair trial'. So , in short he should be trialed in the UK under US supervision to ensure that they get justice and he is treated fairly.

G

i think that he should stay in the UK
why? well why would USA tax dollars pay for a UK citizen for 60 years when they could jail him in th UK and let UK pay for him
also the USA should beef up there security if some guy and his modem and off the shelf supplies can hack in to us militery and government PCs

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
MY IDOL.

This guy took a small stand against the monopolized corporate government of America. In my book he should be heralded a hero.

“US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days...”

AGREED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS