Unable to access SD card

catinthepark

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Hi there!

I have a class 10 32GB micro SD card that I use in my phone (motorola mogo g3). I have been having an issue where sometimes the SD card seems to "crash" and when I go into my phone storage settings it simply says "SD card is not inserted" when it actually is. Normally I just have to take it out, put it back in again and it's fine. However this time my phone just will not recognize it.

My next option, I thought, was to try and format it and see if that solves th problem, however I have a few photos and files on the card I could like to save first.

I put the micro SD card in my SD card adapter and put it into my laptop, however it's not coming up with any of the files and folders I usually see when going through it. I think this might have something to do with the fact that the SD card is formatted as internal memory for my phone, which means unless it's wiped it isn't able to be used with anything else (normally if I use connect the card through the phone I can select "file transfer" in my phone and this allows me to transfer the files, however this is not an option in the current situation).

Does anyone know a way around this? If there's nothing I can do I will just wipe the SD card and try and make it work, but I'd love to save the photos if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Also: I read somewhere that the SD card issue with the phone was a software issue where the model of phone doesn't like class 10 cards. For a while I used a class 8 but it was so slow I went back to the 10 and just reinsert it alot.

Solution
If it is formatted as internal memory for the phone, then you will have to put it in the phone, and then connect the phone to the computer to see if you can access the data on the card. There really is nother other way.