Unable to open multiple Firefox windows after first successful opening

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
I turned my computer on this morning, as per normal and without having any previous trouble, and I cannot use Firefox to open a window more than once, be that from my desktop or Rocketdock.

For example if I have used Rocketdock to open Yahoo, which is setup to use Firefox by default, it will work. However, if I then attempt to use any other Firefox assigned icon or the icon on my desktop all I get is a brief flash of the hourglass and then nothing.
I do not, however, have any problems opening up multiple tabs in that one open Firefox window.

I have run Registry Booster, CCleaner etc and I have also re-installed Firefox but without any luck.

Any ideas?
Cheers.

G

After you open FireFox, try File > Open New Window

If you're running Windows 7, you can also Right Click on the icon on the Taskbar then where it says Mozilla FireFox in the pop up, right click on this and select open.

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Doesn't do a thing. Also this method doesn't do me much good when I want to open asigned icons in Firefox or open links in a new window, all of which do not work at present.

G

Your FireFox installation most probably got corrupted somehow.

Newest FireFox versions are 3.5.7 or 3.6 RC1

Also other items should be as follows:

Sun Java 6.0 Update 18
Adobe Air 1.5.3.9120
Adobe Flash IE & FF 10.0.42.34
Adobe Reader 9.3.0 (disable Java Script in Reader)
Adobe Shockwave Player11.5.2.602
QuickTime 7.65.17.80
If you have Real Player on your system, it should be SP 1.0.5

It's very important to keep your system completely up to date including any software that is installed on it to minimize the risk of any known Security Exploits being present. This includes any newly discovered exploits.