Unable to Open Outlook Ost File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan_19

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
I am planning to move all my stuff from a Server desktop to a Laptop Computer all other file extensions works fine except the MS Outlook OST E-mail file.
I want to browse the emails while travelling so i tried to copy it to laptop and import it to outlook but it doesn't work
Any Suggestions

Logan_19

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

Thanks @Saga Lout for reply sounds like it work
Following the guide we were successfully able to create accounts and import pst file but we are still facing the same issue with OST file.
PLEASE Suggest any solution for OST file too thanks again

Connect the laptop to the network, set Outlook for "Cached mode", your emails will be available to you when you are offline once you download them from the server. You are trying to do things in a round-about way with too many steps instead of the correct way.

Logan_19

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

Thanks hang-the-9 it sounds like a perfect solution but currently i am away from server network is there any free tool similar to OST converter or OST Recovery to do the job easily and fast.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
The .ost file is just the offline copy of your inbox on the Exchange server. It is tied to the mail profile, and once disconnected from it, cannot be used again. Just configure Outlook on the new computer for Offline mode and let it sync with the server, a process that could take hours. If your Exchange admin/s are on the ball you can connect to the server anywhere there is an Internet connection and the sync will happen.

Logan_19

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Hii ex_bubblehead thanks for reply
I have OST file with me and it contains all E-mails along with attachments which makes it quite bulky
so think it would be better to convert it to other supportable formats rather then copying it again from server Link removed by Moderator/

I removed that link in your last post because that sort of download is risky more often than not and we regard them as Commercial Spam.

If it works for you, fine, but exBub's suggestion is more relevant and less likely to come stuffed with malware. Are your attachments not in the Downloads folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.