Question Unbricking and retrieving files from Redmi 6A but with USB Debugging disabled

Nov 19, 2020
My Redmi 6A just decided to reboot itself and get stuck in a bootloop. After 10 minutes of waiting for it to boot, it always redirects me to the Mi Recovery screen.

I do have an option to wipe my data which may fix the problem but I need to recover my files. There is also a MiAssisstant option but it doesn't get read by Mi PC Suite because it requires me to enable USB Debugging.

I can also use fastboot but there is no option to recover my files, only flashing, I am not sure if it can flash TWRP because I need adb to enable bootloader. I can't use adb because USB Debugging is disabled, and I have no ways of enabling it other than booting up the phone which is impossible in its current state.

The question: How can I fix my phone and recover my data using only fastboot?

I knew that I should've backed up my files but this was really unexpected. I usually back up my files every 3 days but it happens that I haven't backed up my recent files from the past 2 days, and those are really important.

Nov 19, 2020
Looks like your smartphone is not in a mood to work any more and the best way to recover its data is to connect it to your laptop and see if it shows anything. I really don't think this would work but when your smartphone fails to show up, this is perhaps the last option you can think of.
I could risk losing my data just to make it boot but I tried to flash my device and all flashing programs won't detect my phone. I don't know why. My drivers are installed, and all programs are in the latest version.

ADB can detect it as sideload, and fastboot can detect it, but it says not allowed in locked state or too many links.

Last edited: