Undergrad engineer looking for a new laptop

pijb22

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I'm an undergrad studying in engineering and I've been looking for a new laptop. I've had my Dell XPS M1330 for 4.5 years and it's just started freezing up on me the past few months. I know Dell isn't what it used to be years ago but I've been pretty stubborn about switching to another make. Any suggestions?

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hey, I'm also doing my undergrad in engineering, and I used the Dell XPS M1330 for the first 3 years of me degree. Engineers with M1330's unite! My Dell laptop just stopped working on day so I got a msi gx 470. It's a real powerhouse, but the problem is that it's really big and heavy, and it was hard to carry around. I regret getting it. My best recommendation would be to get a lightweight and thin laptop. Asus, msi, and lenovo are good brands to get.

Hi :)

Dell is still a good make as long as you do not buy anything under £1000/$1000....

We repair all makes of lappies and rarely see the big expensive Dells in for repair...

We can get ANY Dell parts, but Asus are appallingly difficult to source parts for....

All the best Brett :)