Unfinished "Wolverine" Downloaded 4M Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wolverine rocks! Nothing's remotely comparable to seeing the movie at the cinema. Even if I had the HD version at the PC, I would still go and see it at least one time.. and I'm not even a big X-men fan!

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
How did they even come up with that figure? They can't even keep track of ONE workprint copy of their movie but now they are able to keep track of every illegal download of it?

Well, I can say I downloaded it so show me how they figured the other 3,999,999 copies of it. I personally think they leaked it themselves to drum up interest in it.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Why anyone would want to watch an action film with unfinished special effects is beyond me. Are they hoping the acting and screenplay will entertain them?

I waited, and saw it in theaters. It was terrible.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't download it. I like movies in high quality, full finished versions. And almost every movie I like, I go out and buy or I rent from red box. Honestly, I prefer paying for better quality. I can't stand watching unfinished movies or movies with marks in them. It's irritating. On a side note though, even if I did download it, I don't go to the movies very often cuz I don't make much, and I work a lot of hours. Most movies I watch at home from redbox, return, and done with it. And, im sure with the economy, a lot of people are doing the same, so are they sure they aren't just loosing money because of the economy? Did they take the economy into the equation when they figured out the statistics?

G

If they made $85 million on such a craptacular movie, they need to cut out the QQing over a few downloads. Boohoo, 4M out of 1.5B internet users downloaded it. That's a good ol' 0.267% of all internet users (not even considering that 4M is probably inflated, while 1.5B is the count of users from 1 year ago)

reininop

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I paid for it at the theater, but didn't feel like waiting for the end of the credits to watch the easter egg. I then came home, downloaded it, and fast forwarded to the end to see what I missed. I'm not sure if that's borderline shady or not. I had paid to see it after all and didn't actually watch the movie at home, only the part I missed in the theater.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Well, it did quite nice from the crap of movie it was. Deadpool was a non caracter, wolverine was....well, i can't blame hugh jackman on this one but i really think Hollywood is missing the 3 dimensional caracteres Marvell created.

I am a X-Men fan. I downloaded it. I only saw half of it. I am really sad for the ones that payed the price at the cinemas. It is not a good movie.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]Why anyone would want to watch an action film with unfinished special effects is beyond me. Are they hoping the acting and screenplay will entertain them?I waited, and saw it in theaters. It was terrible.[/citation]

Yeah, I feel the sameway. How else would the movie get out? Obviously it was an "inside job".......

Anyways, If they are so worried about loosing money, why don't they just sell season passes to the theater or something, and then divide the profit based on how many seats each movie sold?

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
A saw it at a friends house (the stolen one) and I had no urge to pay 10 dollars to see it again... Its not fox's fault, its the movie theatres for increases their prices to 10.75 per ticket.

G

The theater movie was decent, but rather weak considering how great the fist movies were. I am gonna throw out a small spoiler so stop reading:

the thing that made this new movie weak was the entire concept is revenge for an act that turns out to not have happened. Wolverine gets tricked, gets mad, and goes on a butt kicking spree (that is quite entertaining, reasons aside) only to learn that he was tricked, but does that stop the carnage? Not a chance, he contines to wreck everything in sight just because he can, even though there is no longer a reason for this level of anger. Also, the prof X thing was poorly explained, so we had a blind cyclops leading the show and making no sense for a long time, and diamond girl was cowering from the gunfire when she could/should have been standing in front blocking it from the rest. Lots of little things that added up to poorly thought out if you ignore all the (admittedly good) eye candy and noise and actually considered the story.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
After seeing the movie, I was the most disappointed in how they portrayed Deadpool. Not at ALL like his comic persona. Sure, they showed he came from the same program that created Wolverine, but that is where the similarity ended. Very disappointing.

hfitch

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I didn't download it but a friend did. He brought over and I watched it. I was disappointed by the film on the laptop. So I waited till Monday and watched it at AMC for 5 dollars instead. The film even in its finished glory still blew. The movie was great until the helicopter scene then it plummeted to the ground just like that scene.

G

have the unfinished cut at home, will watch it after i watch the final cut, just like watching the bonus feature off a DVD neat to see how it is all done, but want to see the way it was meant to be seen first.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Don't tell me if he dies at the end, I haven't seen it yet![/citation]
He dies....

JK, i havnt seen it.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think people saw it in cinema because the leaked version was unfinished. Even after downloading it, they wanted to see the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.