Unity Engine Gives iPhone 3x Speed Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Unity Technology also stated that the new version can identify if Apple DRM has been removed from the application bundle, and will modify application behavior accordingly.

Are going to get cracks for iphone games?
If I get an iphone first... but that was amusing.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]woah woah woah let me get this straight wii= up to 3x more powerful?[/citation]
no.. lol the engine works UP to x3 faster which is usually halftrue eitherway. Meaning they can program with not as much limitation as well i would guess but no.. its not possible for the Wii to get even x1,1 more powerfull through the Unity Engine.. Its purely about the software.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Correction!
Title of this article should be "New Unity Engine gives a 3X boost over previous version". It's a BIG difference from the current titles meaning.

reininop

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I usually let the titles slide on this site and just snicker a little at the people that make a big deal out of them being sensational, but this one actually bothers me too. Apple already gets more credit than it deserves for its products.
Then you guys decide to say that the Iphone is getting a 3x speed boost, which the article neither supports nor even really implies. You might as well say my PC is 3x faster because of the latest Nvidia drivers.
I hope you are enjoying your royalty checks from this BS.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]woah woah woah let me get this straight wii= up to 3x more powerful?[/citation]

Too bad I haven't found a game made with the Unity Engine on Wii that I'd play. Now we can't really be sure what this could do for the Wii.

Someguyperson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I think a couple people missed the "new version" and the "3x faster than before" parts. As in, the program is 3x better, but it won't make the console 3x faster, unless the game was using the 1.0.2 version of the code. The Wii simply can't do what a 360 can do, unless someone makes a Wii game and ports it to the 360. The Wii is simply powerful enough for things like Wii Sports and the like, not GTA4 material.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
this is just like intel claiming that there prescott and relatives claiming that some functions are upto 10x quicker - real life they are no where near that quick OVERALL

Status
Not open for further replies.