Unlock phenom 2?

Little red

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
i have tried to unlock a Phenom II 555 3.2ghz with a A770E3 (biostar) and can't unlock the 2 extra cores but will not post after i enable ACC so i dont know if its the mobo or the cpu (does it have to do with me being a ginger :na: ) this the the 2nd cpu i've tried to unlock (was stuck in first gear with a sempron 140 but now stuck in 2nd with the phenom :bounce: )

Solution
no way to know for sure without trying it on another board. took me a few days of tinkering in the bios to unlock my XII 555 to a quad. it was a very quirky and finnicky process, but its stable. however, ive built 2 other unlock-friendly machines that unlocked without issue..on mobos cheaper than mine no less.
does your board support higher wattage cpu's? 125-140w
have you bumped up vcore to around 1.4 before unlocking?
i had to bump voltage on nearly everything before it would boot and be stable, now im chillin at 3913mhz, 2087mhz ht link, 261mhz fsb, 1732mhz 9-9-9-24 ram speed.

definitely bump voltages on cpu and motherboard related items before unlocking. also note that it may not unlock, or you may only get 1 extra core out of it

justaguywithagun

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
no way to know for sure without trying it on another board. took me a few days of tinkering in the bios to unlock my XII 555 to a quad. it was a very quirky and finnicky process, but its stable. however, ive built 2 other unlock-friendly machines that unlocked without issue..on mobos cheaper than mine no less.
does your board support higher wattage cpu's? 125-140w
have you bumped up vcore to around 1.4 before unlocking?
i had to bump voltage on nearly everything before it would boot and be stable, now im chillin at 3913mhz, 2087mhz ht link, 261mhz fsb, 1732mhz 9-9-9-24 ram speed.

definitely bump voltages on cpu and motherboard related items before unlocking. also note that it may not unlock, or you may only get 1 extra core out of it

Solution

Little red

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
whats your mobo and setting of your mobo to unlock the cpu ( like a ref to go on mine,{ boared anyway just... watching fish at...........*doze*.....1:05 am est :sleep:
and i have tried 1.4v :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

justaguywithagun

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO non-USB3. getting it to actually boot in a quad required me to unlock the cpu, but only with 2 active cores at first. then 3, then 4. but i had to boost vcore up substantially (1.42ish). ill be back in a few minutes with all my bios settings, although im sure theyll be different from yours

Little red

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
OH MY GOD I DONT NEED IT I JST UNLOCKED IT 1CORE STABLE OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO FIANT OH GOD WHO KNEW A 16 YEAR OLD GENGER COULD DO THIS!!!!!!!!! I NOW HAVE ONE HELL OF A GAMEING RIG THANK YOU AND GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justaguywithagun

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
...1 core stable? uh, ill assume you mean 4.
in regards to being a ginger, join the club bub. german irish here

EDIT: i wouldnt venture very far north of 1.4v unless you have a really good aftermarket cooler. even then, 1.45 or 1.47 should be the tops

TRENDING THREADS