Unlock voltage control for geforce 210

nommy124

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
i wanna tweak my voltage for my pny geforce 210 but im not able to since its locked. i've tried to use MSI afterburner and EVGA precision but the options were locked. any other tools that might work?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
this is most liekly because the voltage is locked in the card BIOS. if one software suite does not allow voltage tweaking, none of them will.

you can flash the cards BIOS to something else compatible, but this is a fairly advanced course of action. a mistake can brick your card.

to be honest though, voltage tweaking a 210 seems pointless. like putting a super charger in a golf cart?
what exactly are you trying to do? even with some insane overclocks, the cards performance will be bad. it will still be just a HTPC card, not a gaming card.

nommy124

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
with the voltage unlock, i will able to get atleast 15 more fps with an overclock which is very helpful for me since im not a hardcore gamer on pc, how do you flash the bios on a graphics card?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
in what game?

that sounds awfully suspicious. the only place i can imagien a GT210 gaining that sort of framerate is where it already exceeds 100. (old games)

you should be able to find the info on google, but again, it can be dangerous and doesn not seem worth it for such a low end card.