Unlocked Galaxy Nexus Now For Purchase on Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Our Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant rocks and she's considered old now. Samsung has really stepped up its game in terms of making wicked phones.

I'm going to pick up one of these phones within the next few business days.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]Hmm, no SD slot and only 16MB. I think I'll stick my my 32GB GS2 with 64GB SD card.[/citation]
16md is waaaaaay less than 16gb

and noone rally cares if you or anyone has a superior phone. the point of this article is that the galaxy nexus(a fairly above average) is being released unlocked at a price alot cheaper than you would expect.

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Pick up one of these then go off contract with one of the major carriers for $50 a month with unlimited data, text and calling.You'll save yourself between $1000-$2000 over the course of 2 years.

royale606

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
how do you 'go off contract to a major carrier win7guru?
I'd love to let mine run out and then re-add it demanding a lower price.. any tips on how?

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
look up your contract with them, you can break it anytime but usually there is a some point on the contract that states that if you break the contract you have you have to pay X fine depending on this X value maybe worth or not breaking contract

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]royale606[/nom]how do you 'go off contract to a major carrier win7guru?I'd love to let mine run out and then re-add it demanding a lower price.. any tips on how?[/citation]
You can use StraightTalk... Look it up.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]400 for this POS...thanks but no thanks....let's see what iphone 5 has to offer[/citation]

^Obvious hater^

And bullsh*t.. I got this stupid phone for $750 here in Australia... :(

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]^Obvious hater^And bullsh*t.. I got this stupid phone for $750 here in Australia...[/citation]

time to move that lill island of yours closer to the main land.

all in all its a great buy its still around 500€ here in Europe. And to anyone who has not tried ICS it's great.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
[citation][nom]Dangi[/nom]look up your contract with them, you can break it anytime but usually there is a some point on the contract that states that if you break the contract you have you have to pay X fine depending on this X value maybe worth or not breaking contract[/citation]

That still doesnt explain how he will get a plan for 50 a month. I have been with the same major carrier for 12 years now and I havent had a contract in 10 years. Past couple years I have just been selling my old phone every 6 months and just buying a new one outright without a contract then doing a hardware swap onto my account. I have several lines.

My main line I still have a really old plan that's no longer offered. Two of my other lines have newer plans but that's only because at some point in the past i switched to blackberry's and on the carrier im with they had special BlackBerry plans to make the phone work right.

But long story short my plan rate is the same on or off contract. (Technically i'm slightly cheaper because I have a plan that isnt no longer offered on my main line. But on a couple of the lines with newer plans im paying the same price as people currently under contract.)

I never liked the idea of being tied to a carrier so after my first contract expired i never upgraded(renewed my contract) I essentially just became a month to month user for the past 10 years. I do like being able to upgrade phones whenever I wish. I understand that isnt feasible for a lot of people because of the insane cost of phones in retail, but hey it works for me.

(Back on topic The only thing I can think that he is talking about is taking the phone to a prepaid carrier but honestly unless you get the phone unlocked that wouldn't work) And since most of the prepaid carriers don't allow roaming that also becomes pointless. Going to tmobile isnt so bad but the throttling of speed because cumbersome, and the walmart's straigh talk is a joke when using a real smartphone to the guy that said lookup it up read the fine print buddy. There was a huge post a while back about it on tomsguide.

But here is a link to another one http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/04/17/straight-talk-review-affordable-pre-paid-wireless-for-smartphones/

Biggest problem with straight talk is in its terms and conditions, streaming music, and streaming movies isnt allowed. And if your doing it they reserve the right to kick you off the service.
Not to mention that coverage is only awesome for non smartphones, once you get on to a smartphone as you can see with the coverage maps you looking at about 1/8 the coverage of non smart phones. I will say that it is pretty fast if you are in an area that gets coverage.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]time to move that lill island of yours closer to the main land.all in all its a great buy its still around 500€ here in Europe. And to anyone who has not tried ICS it's great.[/citation]
ICS is already behind the curve...very very fragmented if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.