Question Unplugged New Laptop Stuttering During Video Playback

Jun 24, 2021
I've recently bought a new laptop and having an issue with stuttering during videos on Netflix, Chrome, Firefox...basically everywhere... but only when it's unplugged from the charger. it's great when plugged in.

I've tried disabling the Hardware Accerlation, I have the most updated Nvidia drivers, windows updates etc. It's only a couple of days old, so i'm a bit worried that this is happening out of the box.. I imagine a $1500 laptop could handle video playback smoothly.

Anyone have any ideas or had this issue? I've googled potential fixes, but nothing has worked so far.

Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G Ryzen5 5500U 16gb RAM GTX 1650 4GB Graphics

I assume you have tweaked the power setting related to performance when running on battery. You're looking for max processor state under battery. It's buried several layers down in power setting, advanced options. Look at all the power settings as there may be others I'm forgetting,

If it's pretty new, you might want to send it back.

Sep 4, 2021
its not your laptop problem...i think is the windows 10 i have the exact same issue with my new laptop also i experiences this issue with my helios 300 but i dont remember how i solve it....i think there is something to do with power saving mode even i set it to performance