Solved! UNSUPPORTED SIGNAL.CHECK FOR DEVICE OUTPUT HDMI connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2020
I have bought a HDMI 1.4V a cable. It works successfully with my HP pavilion laptop( Intel HD graphics) to my Sony bravia FHD TV. But when I gonna my asus F571GT( intel UHD graphics), the TV displays, UNSUPPORTED SIGNAL.CHECK FOR DEVICE OUTPUT. How to solve this?

Solution
Sir, I have selected the refresh rate 60Hz for both laptop and Tv using intel UHD graphics control panel. Aspect ratio is 16:9. Still the result is same. I have also followed your method. It's displaying Display 1 refresh rate 59 Hz still.

If it's showing as 59 you were changing it in the wrong place or did not save or apply it before exiting. Don't go from the Intel panel, try going through the Windows display options.
May 11, 2020
Both are 1920 *1080
I have been seeing a lot of people working from home that are getting this message, the monitors were set to 59hz in the settings instead of 60. Go to your video options, Advanced Settings, then click on the Display adapter properties for whatever display does not work, click on the properties link, Monitor tab and set the screen refresh rate to 60hz
Sir, I have selected the refresh rate 60Hz for both laptop and Tv using intel UHD graphics control panel. Aspect ratio is 16:9. Still the result is same. I have also followed your method. It's displaying Display 1 refresh rate 59 Hz still.

Last edited:

If it's showing as 59 you were changing it in the wrong place or did not save or apply it before exiting. Don't go from the Intel panel, try going through the Windows display options.

Solution
Just because the HDMI cable worked with the HP doesn't mean it will work with the Asus. HDMI is dependent on the source-cable-display all meeting certain specs. If one doesn't the other parts can compensate so some combinations will work even it one of the parts is out of spec.
Also try selecting the TV input and then booting the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.