Solved! Upgradable laptop for video editing

Dec 6, 2018
Hi,

My XPS 9560 sadly broke down and I need to replace it urgently.
I'm looking for a laptop where I can put and reuse the 16gb of RAM (2x8 sodimm) and the 512go NVME M.2 of the dead XPS.
I do pretty simple video editing in Adobe Premiere, I don't use lot of special effects, I just want decent exporting time and comfortable previews. I don't know if I really need to go for a laptop equiped with GTX 1050, or if a MX150 would be enough for my case.
My budget would be around 1000€.

Thanks for you advices

Dec 6, 2018

I was thinking about this solution but where can I buy a previous version of XPS, brand new and with very short delivery ?

If I look at the Dell official store, I can only buy the new version and the configuration that includes the 4K UHD screen starts at 2299€, and has 16go and 512 SSD. So not really upgradable nor economical solution.

Some other Dell models I was looking :
Dell G3 15, i7-8750H @ 2.2ghz, GTX 1050Ti 4gb.
This one seems really good for my case (low budget, good performance overall) but the screen has bad criticism (low brightness and resolution). It's hard to get from the 4K Infinite Edge to full HD.

Dell Inspiron 15-7580, i7-8565U, MX150 2gb.
The screen looks better, even though it's only FHD. But I don't know how the MX150 performs. I would not be questioning if the processor was more powerful.