Upgrade Laptop GPU Help

Rtzai

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
I currently have a Toshiba s55 b5280 and it runs games terrible. I have 12 gb of ram and a processor that is 2ghz and runs up to 2.6 ghz. my graphics card is intel hd family and. Most the games I want to play are super laggy and are unplayable because mostly of my graphics card. Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card for this laptop? If so what are some good graphic cards and new processor I should use to get a high amount of fps for all games. Thanks in advance

Solution
The cpu is also soldered. That's normal for thinner laptops like that. There is nothing you can do but ram or hdd upgrades which won't help you for gaming. You'll need a new pc.

Rtzai

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

So its not possible to upgrade my laptop? Btw im not 100 percent sure my graphics are intel hd family so yah
Can't I just find a graphics card and just open up my laptop and replace my old gpu??

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

Even if it ins't Intel HD, and it is, I saw the laptop, most mobile GPUs can't be swapped, and those that can be make it hard to do so.
About CPUs, the same, most of them can't be swapped.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

That annoys me, it's the std configuration, hoping that people will drool over the big numbers, my desktop rarely uses more than 8, and it's got the power to use it.