upgrade processor icore3_to icore5

wheelin4wheelz

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
i have a HP 2000-412NR Notebook PC icore 3 can i upgrade to the icore5 processor?
it came with 3 gigs of ram but i was able to 8 gigs of ram which is the maximum ram

i was wondering if i could do the same with the processor?

I'm used to working with desktops remove the fan pull the arm an pop out the processor and put new processor in close the arm put the fan back on and motherboard was upgraded.

unsure if laptops can do the same or not
any thoughts i would appreciate if this is possible?

Solution
You haven't provided enough detail to properly answer about a cpu upgrade. What exact processor does it have - just to say an i3 is not enough.

I'm guessing it's a 370M - if so, it (like a lot of processors) come in 2 forms - PGA and BGA. PGA fits in a socket and can be replaced - BGA is soldered directly to motherboard and cannot.

robert600

Distinguished
You haven't provided enough detail to properly answer about a cpu upgrade. What exact processor does it have - just to say an i3 is not enough.

I'm guessing it's a 370M - if so, it (like a lot of processors) come in 2 forms - PGA and BGA. PGA fits in a socket and can be replaced - BGA is soldered directly to motherboard and cannot.

Solution