May 6, 2018
Hi All,

i have HP laptop model: 15-ac139nx with resolution 1366x768, and i really need to upgrade it to full hd 1080 screen, can someone help me with part number if possible?.

Thanks

Solution
I hear you, that's why I switched to MS surface pro (although mostly desktop/win7 guy), have couple of them paired with few Seagate satellite Wifi/wired portable drives upgraded to 2TB for on the go storage and an MS Wifi display stick for dumb monitors!, very versatile for work and leisure.

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Upgrading laptop screen might involve compatibility -among other factors- with display cable running from laptop motherboard to screen and whether that cable would be able to display the new resolution, if you'll be installing the screen yourself it could be worth the effort because cost effective researching parts their numbers and buying them (like buying a compatible screen on ebay and testing if displays the new resolution, if not you'll need to get a compatible full HD cable: parts would run between 50 to 120$ total which i s pretty decent, You could also seek help from HP support website and they might have full upgrade kits which they'll provide you with their parts number
On the other hand if you order the assembly from Hp or will have these parts installed at a shop (in which case they'll do the compatibility work for you), you might consider the total cost of the upgrade ($200 to $300) compared to upgrading to a new laptop with native FHD screen.

May 6, 2018

thank you for your help, am honestly happy with this laptop right now as i upgrade it with SSD and replaced CDROM with 1TB drive, i use it for personal work :)

can you please help me with part numbers i need? and HP list where i need to message them sorry am not expert in these things if you dont mind me asking

May 6, 2018

so u mean theres no chance of getting this done? :\

i already posted on provided hp link

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Of course it's totally doable, it's actually not that difficult of a job if you have some prior experience fixing/disassembling laptops and have the correct parts. Good luck with your project.

May 6, 2018

ye i know some stuff, changing screens and cables wont be that hard job for me, i posted on HP link you provided, hope they give me part number

appreciate it man! :D

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
You're welcome. Here are few links that might help :)
- Your laptop screen specs: HP-Compaq HP 15-AC139NX Replacement Laptop LCD Screens >>https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/HP~15-AC139NX/

- A probably compatible FHD screen from HP on ebay (double check specs with HP if possible) HP Elitebook 8560w 15.6" Genuine Laptop Matte LED LCD Screen Complete Assembly with cable >> https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-8560w-15-6-Genuine-Laptop-Matte-LED-LCD-Screen-Complete-Assembly/123115462961?hash=item1caa40e131:g:h84AAOSwWiBa7M3h

- Some interesting article with good infos : Can I upgrade my laptop screen to FULL HD IPS?
>> http://www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/blog/post/2015/08/06/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-screen-to-full-hd-ips.aspx

May 6, 2018

this link have same exact my current screen and resolution

i did search on same website for this model, check this link
https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/ELITEBOOK%208560W%20SERIES/

it have different connector on the screen, so maybe i need to change the cable too?

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
The first link (replacement screen = identical to yours) is to help identify your screen and it's cable layout (30 pin), the second link to ebay Hp compatible FHD with 40 pin HD cable assembly (it's led screen too, same exact measurements etc, all you need to do is check the mounting brackets config, you might need to do some more research online for disassembly- repair tutorial or doc about your laptop, or disassemble your laptop screen to see how it's mounted and if mobo compatible with the 40 pin HD connector.

May 6, 2018

Hi,
i just got reply on hp website you gave me, please check

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Upgrade-to-FHD-screen/m-p/6683969/Pop_SU#M174401

he saying it cant be done without changing the motherboard :\

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Oh man! sorry for the bad news; well, this really pushes forward the opportunity to upgrade to a different laptop with FHD screen, although in my humble experience using laptops I found the resolution you're running now if native on 17.3 screen laptop is the most comfortable.
Even Hp experts could be mistaken, I would keep researching this on the side.

May 6, 2018

yea he emotionally destroyed me :pt1cable:

iam more into small screen laptops like 11inch or so, as i travel alot and in office i connect it to 24inch already, i had this laptop in box for long time didnt really used it before, after using my lenovo s20-30 for long time this hp is really huge!

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I hear you, that's why I switched to MS surface pro (although mostly desktop/win7 guy), have couple of them paired with few Seagate satellite Wifi/wired portable drives upgraded to 2TB for on the go storage and an MS Wifi display stick for dumb monitors!, very versatile for work and leisure.

Solution
May 6, 2018

surface is quiet expensive, even the ports accessories and all stuff :\ but ive been thinking of it lately

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Of course best is to buy a brand new item, but you could get a decent second hand one with base configuration (like a PRo4 128 GB SSD, 4GB memory and M3 or I5 CPU) on swappa.com (where I bought mine from) or even on ebay, most of the time bundled with few accessories for a nice low fraction of the price, but ask for battery log as it's not replaceable, and examine item upon arrival for major flaws, you still have paypal buyer protection coverage.
There are plenty of new models of convertible tablet-laptop on the market besides the MS surface, so take your time shopping around for the one that would best suit your purpose. Good luck.