Upgrading RAM on Pavilion G6 2005ax laptop

Utkarsh_ME

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys,

I have hp pavilion 2005 ax laptop i want to upgrade ram i have one slot unused i want to know which ram should i go with.

Corsair DDR3 8 GB
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB

or if there is any other ram please provide me detail.

Also this is my cpu-z report
and this is screen shot:
original

• will this both ram will work at 1600mhz and compatible with my board ?
    Should i add one ram to existing or replace it with two ?
    what is max size i can upgrade for RAM ?
    and CAS 9-9-9-24 will work ?

Ram and it's frequency i can't seems to find a way.

Please help.

Solution
I don't think either would work, as that laptop only officially supports "1.35V" RAM. (see the bottom row in your table). Refer to this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-Upgrades-Replacements/Memory-upgrade-for-HP-Pavilion-G6-2005AX/td-p/3258033

Recommend a Crucial brand, 1.35V, that is at least as fast as your current RAM. Don't worry too much about the timings, but you can at least try to get something that matches or is lower than your current RAM.

8GB is currently the recommended total capacity for gaming, as most games still top out at 6GB with Windows, etc, running in the background. That could change though, so picking up a 8GB stick couldn't hurt.

Rapajez

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014
I don't think either would work, as that laptop only officially supports "1.35V" RAM. (see the bottom row in your table). Refer to this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-Upgrades-Replacements/Memory-upgrade-for-HP-Pavilion-G6-2005AX/td-p/3258033

Recommend a Crucial brand, 1.35V, that is at least as fast as your current RAM. Don't worry too much about the timings, but you can at least try to get something that matches or is lower than your current RAM.

8GB is currently the recommended total capacity for gaming, as most games still top out at 6GB with Windows, etc, running in the background. That could change though, so picking up a 8GB stick couldn't hurt.

Solution