Upgrading/replacing Dell xps m1710

haikuxx

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
Title basically says it all. I have a fairly old laptop that is finally running on its final legs and giving up soon. I have upgraded hard drives at least twice, currently I am working with a 1 terabyte drive. I am afraid I don't know much about specs but I have upgraded it off posts or suggestions over the years. Currently I am looking on replacing my fans or just investing in a newer laptop all together.

A friend of mine was suggesting an Asus, or Sanger? Not sure in the spelling of the second one. Anyways I am looking for something portable hopefully lighter than my xps but still have a decent size screen. Suggestions would be very appreciated please and thank you.

haikuxx

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
Something reasonable I am willing to spend a little to find one that will last me like my xps did. I think no more than $1,500 though for sure.

aloof11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Not sure if you want a gaming laptop or what, but with that budget you can get just about any laptop. I also recommend Sager/Clevo laptops, they have a wide variety of styles as well. Try out websites like PowerNotebooks or Xotic PC for those laptops (they also carry other brands). Probably the best value is the Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, in terms of performance per dollar