niquee__niquee

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
My boyfriend offered me his laptop, it's a Toshiba Satellite l955-s5330 and says he had it for two years brought it from Walmart which is ridiculous to me cause I never seen an i5 or AMD anything of that nature on the shelves at Walmart. Runs fine, played my games fine. But I was wondering does factory resetting make it, good as new?

Like I'm sure it's every bit of worth to take since it's free, but is it better to just dish out the money and get one brand new not having to worry about it dying on me?

Solution
A factory reset will restore to the state it was in when it came off the shelf. Unfortunately, it won't make up for the 2 years of technological progress since then. Regardless, it should be fine for a while and free is nearly always good.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A factory reset will restore to the state it was in when it came off the shelf. Unfortunately, it won't make up for the 2 years of technological progress since then. Regardless, it should be fine for a while and free is nearly always good.

Solution

Just like he said.

It will speed your computer up if you have a lot of junk on the computer that you don't need.