urgent decison needed

Thewhitepanther

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
hi guys im 15 and have recently finished building my gaming pc and have been told by friends that my 37 inch lg plasma which is only a year old is unsuitable for good quality gaming as it has a high refresh rate. is it really bad and do i need to buy a monitor as i will find it hard explaining to my parents that i should sell it. is it playable?
please note the tv is wallmounted so i have my keyboard and mouse setup on my desk in front of the tv

Solution
a plasma television will work for gaming.

you may need to set your input to "game mode" but other than that i dont see it as a real issue.

i'm playing on a 4-5 year old sony bravia 40" television :)

some of the newer 120/240hz lcdtv have an issue with lagging due to the hz rate but game mode fixes that (lowers the display to 60hz). not sure about plasma which are 600hz and if its the same issue but worst come to worst there should be a setting if there is lag. all televisions should have the setting for hooking up game consoles, camcorders, etcetera.
a plasma television will work for gaming.

you may need to set your input to "game mode" but other than that i dont see it as a real issue.

i'm playing on a 4-5 year old sony bravia 40" television :)

some of the newer 120/240hz lcdtv have an issue with lagging due to the hz rate but game mode fixes that (lowers the display to 60hz). not sure about plasma which are 600hz and if its the same issue but worst come to worst there should be a setting if there is lag. all televisions should have the setting for hooking up game consoles, camcorders, etcetera.

Solution