Urgent Help Needed - How to get connect Multiple tvs up

y44snn

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi All,

I am in the process of renovating my house and have 2 living rooms, which I will have a TV in each. I was on sky previously therefore has Coax cable routed between room 1 and 2 behind where the TVs are to be situated. I have also had Ethernet sockets put in place to both points.

Now I have just changed to Virgin media only to realise they use cable :(. My plan was to have smart TVs in both, which is fine as they will both have wifi/ethernet, however wanted freeview or freesat to the TV in room 1 however this now has no aerial only coax, which routes to room 2 which routes the sky dish.

As I have plastered ect room 1 I cannot install new wires, however room 2 still needs to be plastered ect therefore can still route new cables. my virgin router is installed in room 2.

What are my options if any to getting freeview/freesat to the TV in room 1?

Sorry for the lengthy post and if anything is not clear i will be happy to clarify.

Regards

Solution
Connecting the 2 cables together is my line of thought. And that may be possible.

However, you need to check the cable types/specs, connection ports on the TVs. And perhaps the need for adapters. Splitters may be viable as well.

Reference: http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/installation

Look at the specifics for the Freesat box you are using and the box to TV connection as well. Draw it all out and if everything matches up and maps together then you should be good to go.
Have a question - not sure that I understand part of your post.

On Sky you had Coax routed between room 1 and room 2.

And the rooms share a common wall with Ethernet sockets on both sides of the wall.

Now with Virgin media" they use cable"? Do you mean Cat 5e cable?

Anyway if you still have access to the walls via the unfinished room 2 then you should be able to run whatever cables you need therein.

And, without knowing the full layout you might be able to run a connection up to the sky dish.

Disconnect the house feed from the Sky dish antenna and connect your cable instead. You would be using the original Sky dish down to TV connections. Just changing the input source.

Also if you have not installed your floor molding you can purchase grooved molding to hide cables behind the floor molding. Or use a table router to cut grooves yourself.

y44snn

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

Thanks for the reply Ralston18,

So I have had Cat5e (ethernet) points put behind both TVS so they can have a wired connection instead on wifi.

With regards to FreeSat, Although I am on Virgin, I only have broadband with them and wont pay for TV as we barely watch live TV therefore FreeSat channels will suffice I have the coax cable run from the sky dish to Room 2 and then a separate coax cable from room 2 to room 1.

Am i correct in saying the coax from the sky dish can connect direct to The freesat TV in room 2? If so how do i do the same for room 1? just connect the 2 coax cables together and then to the TV in room 1?

Regards

Connecting the 2 cables together is my line of thought. And that may be possible.

However, you need to check the cable types/specs, connection ports on the TVs. And perhaps the need for adapters. Splitters may be viable as well.

Reference: http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/installation

Look at the specifics for the Freesat box you are using and the box to TV connection as well. Draw it all out and if everything matches up and maps together then you should be good to go.

Solution