[Urgent] Notebook issue Windows won't load

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Hello, I have been trying to work on this notebook for a few days. Long story short I lent this acer notebook to someone in my family and all of a sudden it had virus/malware and such. I thought about reformatting to the harddrive to just get rid of everything. However, I can't seem to do that. I don't even have the recovery disc for the notebook. It doesn't seem to allow me to read any disc during bios screen when I try to use any other ISO. At this point my notebook will turn on up until it gets to the windows logo marker. After that the screen is blank with the cursor (which I can still move) in limbo. Is my notebook gone for good? lol

Edit: Computer Specs Acer Aspire AS5742-6580 Notebook Intel Core i3 370M (2.40GHz) 6GB Memory 500GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

I have not successful been able to do so, but I will try again with this link. All other links I have been given even have a broken download or it is too small to actually be the ISO itself. My worry is that it won't even read the disc but i'll give it a try

Try booting into safe mode (hold down F8 as it starts), and run system restore from there. Some viruses disable safe mode and/or system restore, but if you're lucky safe mode will still work and you'll still have a valid restore point from before you lent the computer.

If it works, run malwarebytes and your regular anti-virus scan after the restore to delete any fragments of the malware left over.

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

I did not mean to pick best solution ugh lol but I meant to rpely and say I tried doing safe mood and I still have same issue as above

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

I tried to download that ISO and use windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. It says its an Invalid ISO File Is there anything else.

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

I was able to figure out the problem and I also need to download it on a 64 bit computer ( I downloaded it on a old 32 bit one) I am trying to download the link again but it appears they remove it.

Akyumi Shirakawa

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

The Page or File You Requested Could Not Be Provided
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.